Above image: FYP-DC was involved with the Filipino community at an event held at the Philippine Embassy in Washington, DC (October 2013).
This is an important year for FYP. We are in the process of creating a long-term plan not only for this year, but for the next several years. Part of that plan requires that we have membership dues. As a 501(c)7 non-profit organization, it is imperative to have membership dues to help pay for operating expenses (e.g. events and programs) and to clearly identify who may run for Executive Board positions and who may vote in annual elections.
In order to provide events that will cater to the professional, social, and service oriented needs of our community, FYP-DC needs the active participation of its members. By becoming a member, you demonstrate your support of our mission to:
- Serve as a resource for business and networking relationships
- Contribute towards the advancement of the community through a commitment to service
- Empower young professionals by encouraging social interaction
- Provide an opportunity to learn about the Filipino-American culture
Membership includes access to “Members Only” section of FYP-DC website which will include:
- Member Directory
- Relevant Articles, Rants/Raves and Reviews
- Employment Opportunities
- Directory of Filipino businesses
- Free or Reduced admission to FYP-DC events
- Subscription to the official FYP-DC-Members listserv/newsletter