FYP-DC is run by a group of passionate and dedicated volunteers. If you are interested in building your leadership skills while supporting our mission of promoting Filipino-American heritage through professional, social, educational, and philanthropic endeavors, please consider applying for an executive board position:
- Vice President of Mass Communications and Marketing
All Board Member Responsibilities:
- Commit to a full-term of a single year.
- Time commitment:10-15 hours per month.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional development, philanthropy, or volunteer work.
- Collaborate with an Executive Board to plan events and operational responsibilities of FYP-DC.
- Be an ambassador, supporter, and cultivate stakeholders on behalf of FYP-DC to the community.
- Engage with FYP-DC members and participants.
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings and FYP events.
- Promote and encourage participation in all FYP-DC events through your personal and professional network.
- Bring enthusiasm and an open-mind to work with a dynamic team!
Remote applicants will be considered but preference will be given to those who are based in or can travel to the DC Metro Area. Please note this is a volunteer leadership position and no monetary compensation will be provided.
Vice President of Mass Communications and Marketing
- Updates the FYP website using FYP social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Ensures that FYP maintains an online presence and social media strategy that keeps pace with the field and advances the organization’s mission and needs.
- Develops communication and outreach plans and identify creative mechanism to promote the FYP program including website and printed materials.
- Directs the development of a internal and external communications strategy that increases awareness of FYP’s work, and inspires community members to actively attend the organization’s events;
- Leads public relations functions by assuring a consistent and unified global messaging in branding, and ensuring that FYP is well represented in local and national media outlets
- Create a brand/marketing/public relations strategy that will allow FYP executive and board leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high level external audiences, including the media, public officials and key influencers
- Can demonstrate creativity and enthusiasm in their engagement with members
- Has experience with managing and maintaining professional social media accounts
- Can create engaging social media content
- Has experience with creating and posting graphics on social media platforms
To apply, please complete the following application: https://fypdc.org/vp-marketing