FYP-DC is run by a group of passionate and dedicated volunteers. If you are interested in building your leadership skills while supporting our mission of promoting Filipino-American heritage through professional, social, educational, and philanthropic endeavors, please consider applying for an executive board position:
- Vice President of Membership
All Board Member Responsibilities:
- Commit to a full-term of a single year.
- Time commitment:10-15 hours per month.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional development, philanthropy, or volunteer work.
- Collaborate with an Executive Board to plan events and operational responsibilities of FYP-DC.
- Be an ambassador, supporter, and cultivate stakeholders on behalf of FYP-DC to the community.
- Engage with FYP-DC members and participants.
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings and FYP events.
- Promote and encourage participation in all FYP-DC events through your personal and professional network.
- Bring enthusiasm and an open-mind to work with a dynamic team!
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2020. Remote applicants will be considered but preference will be given to those who are based in or can travel to the DC Metro Area. Please note this is a volunteer leadership position and no monetary compensation will be provided.
Vice President of Membership
- Recruitment for membership to join FYP-DC
- Focus on retention of FYP-DC membership
- Plan engaging events/socials that advertise membership
- Maintain engagement with members throughout the year
- Find and create benefits for members and to attract people to join FYP-DC
- Manage list of FYP-DC members and their contact information using a CRM
- Import list of names and emails from FYP-DC events into the listserv
- Continually update list of FYP-DC members
- Send out monthly newsletter to members and maintain regular communication
- Engage FYP-DC alumni
- Can demonstrate creativity and enthusiasm in their engagement with members
- Is familiar with using CRM systems and developing communications materials for distribution
- Has experience with social media management
- Has experience with MailChimp or other email marketing platforms
To apply, please complete the following application by September 30, 2020: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a9huC8822Q1lS0ezGwsRLMEDtHsXaonx1Lmf2pFiK1s/edit
- Ensures FYP meetings are effective, efficient and organized
- Records minutes at every FYP meeting (who is in attendance, topics of discussion)
- Builds out FYP Google Drive or form of archiving
- Upholding legal requirement of FYP by ensuring we maintain our legal 501c3 status
- Filing the 990 EZ forms annually on a timely manner with president
- Reserves meeting space for FYP board meetings
- Assisting with communication and correspondence for the organization
- Ensures FYP follows necessary processes and procedures
- Familiar with nonprofit incorporation, charitable registration, and annual filing documents
- Experience with addressing external correspondence and nonprofit governance
- Experience with note-taking and structure of Meeting Minutes for biweekly board meetings
To apply, please complete the following application by September 30, 2020: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexFYkZXZmdbDoephwUDUPep3JwL6o3lTBdH19bBZB4r11quw/viewform
- Work with the executive board to update and create content for the website
- Interacts with the marketing and membership teams to understand requirements and develop/design from their requests
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the executive board to help resolve technical issues
- Maintain site functionality and serviceability by checking web pages, widgets, forms, and other components on a weekly basis
- Maintain site architecture to incorporate, default and custom WordPress templates, CSS, and build custom components as necessary
- Applies best coding practices and industry standards (refer to sites such as w3schools.com and Mozilla HTML tutorials)
- Ensure cross-browser and multi device compatibility of the website/all web pages (design responsiveness)
- Customize the site to track project progress updates and analytics effectively
- Provide web reporting (using Google Analytics) to executive board
- Train other executive board members as necessary (for backup and replacement)
- Attend regular executive board meetings as prescribed by the Secretary
- Assist in planning and organizing FYP events and participate in those events
- Background in computer science, information technology, or related field preferred
- Experience gathering Google Analytics metrics and reporting outcomes and recommendations
- Experience/knowledge integrating and maintaining APIs and third-party tools such as Google forms, MailChimp, and social media platforms, or video embeds as required
- Understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications using WordPress CMS and related themes and plugins for 2+ years.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working web pages
To apply, please complete the following application by September 30, 2020: https://forms.gle/MK6Ee5AcBmVUhEKn7
- Oversees the management and reporting of nonprofit finances which include receipt of grants, donations, and other sources of funding as well as managing its PayPal and BB&T bank accounts
- Maintains knowledge about accessing organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable.
- Oversees the development and observation of the organization’s financial policies.
- Keeps the board regularly informed of key financial events, available grants, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms and making these forms available to the board
- Recognizes, engages, and secures support from corporations projects. Interacts with donors and potential donors to present initiative information in various settings
- Responds to donor and potential donor inquiries for information and tailor information to the donor’s request, interest, and background
- Quantitative Background in STEM or related field preferred
- Experience using spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, or LibreCalc)
- Familiar with basic accounting and IRS Form 990 for nonprofits preferred
- Experience with PayPal and online banking to track transactions
To apply, please complete the following application by September 30, 2020: https://forms.gle/ay1JHYUT4px8HXCH6