The Filipino Young Professionals of Washington, D.C.
Come Support FYP-DC Racing Team of Lapu Lapu Warriors (open division) and Silang Heroes (mixed division) as they compete against other local Dragon Boat teams at the Annual DC Dragon Boat Festival.
Competition Starts Saturday, May 20 at 08:30am and goes through Sunday May 21 till 2:00pm. Support FYP-DC teams as they compete for the gold! Join us at the FYP-DC team tent!
DC Dragon Boat Festival
Thompson’s Boat Center (Georgetown Harbor)
2900 Virginia Ave NW
Washington, DC 20037
FYP-DC Racing is proudly sponsored by:
[gm album=1 module=photomania preset=4]
Come meet the fresh Executive Board for FYP. Christal, John, Stephanie, Walbert, and Nicky are going to be leading the charge this year! Additionally, we are thrilled to have two special guests sharing their stories at our event:
- Patrice Cleary, owner of Purple Patch (our favorite restaurant!), is one of our special guests. After spending 8 years in the Marine Corps, Patrice turned her passion for cooking into reality by opening Purple Patch. The restaurant has garnered many accolades, including being named in the Fall Dining Guide as Tom Sietsma’s top 37 restaurants to dine in DC, it is also Tablelog’s top 9 Filipino restaurants in America. And it holds the distinction of being the first Filipino restaurant in Washington, DC.
- Sonny Busa, Consul General, is the Filipino Veteran Recognition and Education Project (FilVetREP) regional director for Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and West Virginia. He is tasked with organizing support and fundraising for FilVetREP initiatives and programs. Sonny Busa recently retired from the US Department of State with the rank of Consul General after 25 years of distinguished service at overseas postings in Honduras, Korea, Hong Kong, Philippines, Vietnam, Ethiopia, and Kuwait. Latin America.
We are truly honored to bring these two prominent Filipino leaders to our members and friends. To learn more about Patrice Clearly and Sonny Busa, join us at the Habit at Purple Patch, February 16th, 6 P.M. We will have drink specials and lumpia (while it lasts) for attendees.
(Suggested donation of $10; $20 gets you a year long membership.)
Also, we will have a sweepstakes only for those whose status is ‘GOING’ on Facebook—perhaps a dessert, a drink, or a free membership. Good Luck! 🙂
The Habit at Purple Patch
3155 Mt Pleasant St NW
Washington, DC 20010
Make sure to save the date for this year’s summer picnic potluck hosted by the Filipino American lawyers association of DC, Filipino young professionals of dc, and the national association of Asian-American professionals!
We bring to you an afternoon under the sun in good company and great food! Come meet and greet with the dc community! This event will be held at GW Law Stockton patio on July 23rd from 1pm to 5pm!
This will be a really great way to get to know each other while munching on some delicious food, sipping an ice cold beverage, and soaking up the sun!
Please remember to sign up to bring something (no alcohol unfortunately). Sign up here via google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bv-EAgv0rozM0n2Q__NTFn3PofqKDWC0z6tQpmlQaTw/edit#gid=0
FYP-DC 2004 EXECUTIVE BOARD
- President: Anthony David
- External VP: Juan Montermoso
- Internal VP: Therese Lizardo-Escaño
- Secretary: Florezel Jose
- Treasurer: Michael Chupeco
- Business Chair: Victor Prodigo
- Social Chair: Vincent Marcelo
- Networking Chair: Anna Bantug
- Webmaster: Don Verde
- Board of Directors: Nick Tongson and Rafael Diokno
- Happy ‘Holiday’ Hour (12/16/2004)
- Happy Hour & Salsa Night (10/21/2004)
- FYP/PACC Networking Reception (10/14/2004)
- Speed Dating & Happy Hour (9/30/2004)
- Eye Bar Happy Hour (8/26/2004)
- Community Sports Festival (6/27/2004)
- Independence Day Gala (6/19/2004)
- Philippine Festival 2004 (6/12/2004)
- McFadden’s Happy Hour (5/20/2004)
- Homebuying 101: The Basics (5/3/2004)
- Game Night at the Hippodrome (4/29/2004)
- 2004 Elections: The Philippines and US Political Landscape (4/1/2004)
December 16, 2004
FYP provides a wonderful opportunity for young professionals in the DC area to improve themselves personally and professionally.